History of the school
The school was started in 1987 by Mr. P. V. Sivan Nair, as a complete residential school on more than 1000 acres of land and sprawling infrastructure capable of housing more than 10,000 students.
The school was run by MMFG (Madras Motor Finance & Guarantee) Company headquartered in Mylapore, Chennai. From 1987 to 1997, the school saw steady and phenomenal growth of students coming from different parts of India, especially the North Eastern States of India - Assam, West Bengal, Nagaland, Manipur, Sikkim, etc. With extensive roadshows throughout India, and provision of many extra-curricular activities, a variety of sports and good food, the school became a popular educational destination for all round development of children. The school has 3 buildings named as Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati. In 2002 the school was managed by Mr.Partha kunda Roy, a retired wing commander. The principal was Mr.Jaipal, followed by him different principals secured the seat, the present principal is Mr.M.P.Anand.
Thriveni Academy is a Co-Educational school affiliated to CBSE syllabus educating rural children of Vadakkupattu village and surrounding villages around Oragadam in Kancheepuram district. Transport is operated around 70 villages. Activity based learning, Sports coaching, Co-curricular activities like silambam, karate, cookery etc., are offered with an affordable fee structure. More than 1300 children are enrolled in this school today, which is under the management of Hiranandani group.